THE DATA JAWN IS BACK
We're bringing it back! We at CompassRed's Data Lab are working with leaders in Philly's data science community to herald the return of Data Jawn. On June 13, 2018, from 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., you're invited to hear our keynote, attend panels, listen to lightning talks and mingle with other folks who love data as much as we do.
Introducing our keynote speakers who love data science and Philly just as much as we do. We'll open the night with Vicki Boykis, and then we'll close the series of talks with Michael Draugelis.
One Awesome Event, Two Fantastic Keynotes
Vicki's keynote? "Data Science and Sensibility."
She told us, "I'll go beyond the hype of AI, ML, and big data to cover several concrete problems that I see businesses in the Philly area and beyond facing today and how they can be solved."
Michael's keynote? "Steps to Deliver Effective Predictive Solutions."
He told us that he "will share Penn Medicine's vision for predictive healthcare and lessons learned from programs that have been developed at Penn to deliver clear benefits in improving outcomes."
We've partnered with the folks at DataPhilly to build an unreal roster of speakers.
We've covered as many industries through diverse perspectives as we could, and we're excited to reveal the full lineup.
- Corey Chivers, Senior Data Scientist at Penn Medicine
- Andrew Pawloski, Senior DevOps Engineer at Element84
- Rosa Torres, President and Social Data Engineer at Data Imprint
- Elea Feit, Assistant Professor of Marketing at Drexel University’s LeBow College of Business
- Ben Garvey, Engineering Manager at Magento Business Intelligence
- Randy Zwitch, Senior Developer Advocate at MapD
- Bonnie Kruft, Director, Data Science Strategy R&D Data Center of Excellence at GSK
- Sam Chenkin, Director of Consulting at TechImpact
- Bruce Marable, CEO of Employee Cycle
How about the particulars for the Data Jawn itself. Here's the what, when, where and how much. We're pumped to see you there.
What: Philly Data Jawn 2018, an evening of data science and mingling.
When: Wed., June 13, 2018, 3:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m.
Where: The Science History Institute at 315 Chestnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19106
How much: $25 flat, after fees
Your ticket will get you two keynote speakers, a panel, several brief talks and a chance to network with other glorious data geeks. We'll announce more details as we get closer.
This year's Data Jawn is sponsored by our friends at the Drexel LeBow Business Analytics Solutions Center.